A person usually suffers from acne due to hormonal changes related with puberty or blood impurities. But the reason may vary from person to person. Normally, acne goes away in a couple of days, but if the person does not take enough care, it may leave a lifelong scar behind.
The beauty and cosmetic market claims their acne products to be the best to cure acne. With their promises, youngsters are putting a lot of money in these acne products, but left with disappointing results. There are several natural treatments that are very effective in treating your acne. Below is a list of the best methods known to fight with acne:-
o Rub the peel of an orange onto the acne affected area so that its juices moisten them completely. Repeat this procedure several times a day to reduce and even eliminate the acne.
o Take a single seed of jambula fruit (Indian Plum) and put it in water. When the seed is sufficiently wet, rub it thoroughly on the areas where pimples are present. This remedy is especially beneficial for the pimples that occur in adolescence.
o Mix 10 grams of the powder of chana (Cicer arietinum) and 10 grams of turmeric (Curcuma longa) in curds. Apply this paste onto the skin. Wash it off when it dries. Continue this treatment for a week. It is very effective treatment for acne.
o Mash a ripe pumpkin thoroughly and rub it over the face for a long time. Keep it on the face for 15-20 minutes. You will feel the skin drying up and stretching. This is when you must wash the face and then wipe it dry. Then apply coconut or mustard oil onto the face. Do this for a week on a daily basis. This will help you to get rid of acne and makes your skin smooth.
o Prepare an infusion of the leaves of the Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) and apply it regularly on the face. The infusion is prepared by taking 2-4 teaspoons of dried basil leaves in a cupful of water, bring it to a boil and then cool it for use.
o Garlic is very beneficial for acne sufferers. Gently rub raw garlic on the acne spot. It not only reduces the inflammation but also is very effective in fading away the scar that is generally left after the acne vanishes.
o Apply fenugreek (methi) paste onto the pimples or the black head. Leave it for an hour. After that washed it thoroughly with water or aloe vera juice.
o Take triphala powder daily. It is also very effective in treating acne caused due to metabolic disturbances.
o Drink either wheat grass juice or aloe-vera juice. They are highly recommended in preventing acne.
o Drinks lot of water (8-10 glasses of water daily)
o Avoid chemical based cosmetics
o Do not eat spicy, heavy or junk food
o Sleep at least 8 hours a day
o Keep yourself stress free
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. Nick Mutt is an active writer on alternative health and has published many ebooks on natural health. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Acne scars are more commonplace than once recognized. Over 15 million people have some form of acne scarring. Many of them have resigned themselves to live with the scarring perhaps without realizing the treatment options that are available. People don’t have to live with acne scars. It is so readily treatable. Within the realm of the medical community alone, there are at least a half of dozen treatments available.
Reluctance is usually the reason people put acne scar treatment off. However, a visit to a dermatologist will reveal that acne scar treatment has come leaps and bounds since a generation ago. Methodology has changed, therapy treatment has improved and the likelihood of improvement of the skins appearance is nearly guaranteed. There are far less side effects, less down time, and the chance of infection is minimal.
The options available depend on the extent of the scarring. Discoloration for example may only require a mild chemical peel. On the other hand, deep icepick scars may call for surgical intervention. Your doctor will decide how to get rid of acne scars based on the type of scarring you have.
Here is a list of available treatments for acne scars.
1. Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion refers to techniques that use instruments to literally peel the top layer of skin off, usually the dead layer of protective cells on the very surface of the skin It can be though of as taking sand paper to the skin and giving it a good scratching. This technique is usually recommended for mild scarring and/or skin discoloration.
2. Chemical peels: Chemical peels produce much the same results as microdermabrasion, except in this treatment uses a broad range of chemical treatments applied to the skin. The solution is applied to the skin and left on for a certain period of time. The chemicals dissolve skin cells, promoting the growth of new tissue and replacing the scar tissue.
3. Dermal Fillers: Dermal Fillers utilize the injection of collagen or fat underneath the scar. Dermal fillers raise the area of depressed scars up to the level of normal skin and diminish the appearance of acne scars.
4. Punch Excision. Punch excision is a form of surgery that utilizes a punch biopsy tool to physically remove the scar tissue. The procedure is used for very severe scarring that is too deep for other traditional methods. The tool is used to remove the scar and its surrounding edges, and the edges of the skin stitched back together.
5. Laser Treatment. Laser treatment is now the treatment of choice for how to get rid of acne scars. Advancements have made vast improvements in laser therapy. There is a wide range of laser therapy that is said to work quickly, remove redness, and improve the appearance of scars tremendously.
Expect to get good results with any of the methods, but don’t expect overnight results. The healing time can take weeks, up to months, even a year or more before the skin is restored to health. That being said, the wait time for healing is an excellent trade off for having a life time of scars.